Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rebranding: Welcome to the New Digs

OK, so for those few people who followed my old blog, there needs to be a wee little explanation about this re-branding...

I have been toying with the idea of re-packaging my blog or just starting a new one and so I did!

The reason for doing this was kind of a hodge-podge of reasons and here are some in no particular order:

1. The new address and name is a much more searchable title/address and, to be honest, I'd like to expand my readership. I hope to one day write "accessible theology" for a living and actually be a published author...ya know, like in books and stuff... Anyway, I see this as training grounds and so the more feedback/exposure to writing, the better.

2. I want to get more focused. I started Musings of a Dread when I was in my undergrad and most of what began there were just as was suggested: musings. I should finish my Masters in Theological Studies this year and as such, I feel like I have grown both in the depth of my faith and spirituality as well as in my focus of what my heart beats for; namely, the church today and in the future. This blog is for that purpose.

3. I feel that I identify well with Christian mysticism. This is a foggy area to the western mind and, frankly, an uncomfortable spot for some people. Nonetheless, as I have studied Christian worship and Christian history, I find that more and more my personal life is naturally and most easily analogous to that of a Christian mystic; perhaps I'll write a post about being a modern mystic in my generation, but that's for another time...

4. I don't have dreadlocks anymore...ok, that's not really a reason...

5. Clean slates are always nice and as my extended college experience draws to a close, I find myself in transition, so starting fresh here with a more narrow focus seems good.

That's about all I have. This is just a quick intro to the blog, so...

WELCOME!

thanks, I look forward to hearing from any and all who have thoughts about my thoughts.

Peace,
C.M. (Church Mystic)

P.S. I'll leave the old blog up just in case anyone wants to go back and read some pretty amazing literature ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment